Recent_Comments

Thursday, August 29, 2019

VeganMoFo 2019 Day 29: Eat My Feelings Part 2

"Give your stress wings, and let it fly away"
or, at least give it cake. Yes, absolutely.... cake.

As Doria churns out in the Atlantic, many eyes are on her including mine. It's been a busy day or so around here, while we don't expect a direct impact, I cannot deny that the timing is bringing back too many bad memories. Last night I had my first real hurricane nightmare, probably triggered by the fact that instead of leaving the TV turned to true crime all night I left it on weather. We had an absolutely glorious morning here, which also triggered some feelings for me similar to right before Irma, that beautiful weather we had. Here's a picture of this mornings double rainbow after a big boomer passed through (so big that Pink scurried back under the covers in the pre-dawn hours which is when she's usually out and about, one of her nicknames is Vampira).

If you look in the center of the picture by the water, you will see
a flock of birds turning in unison.
I think they were kites but I'm not sure.
I stuck mostly to my word from yesterday that I would not over schedule myself again, which meant I had time to take a power nap. When I woke up, it was 7pm. I made the perfect cake for a day like today... mug cake! This one is really good! It's banana, chocolate, peanut butter... everything good all wrapped up into a mug. The link is here fro "MyFoodStory.com" https://myfoodstory.com/eggless-banana-chocolate-peanut-butter-mug-cake-recipe/

I stuck true to the recipe (it's a mug cake for crap's sake, what's to change?!) and made it in one of my new cute deer mugs I got at the thrift this week, how absolutely stinkin' adorable is that mug. I bought them for soup, but now I know they are cake cups. I'm working hard not to eat the cake. It's warm and smells so good. Sure I tasted it, but hopes are the other happy vegan gets back here before I completely breakdown and eat my stress (he's out on patrol for feral kitties to feed). I'm actually keeping this recipe in my collection, I really liked it. That's a little bit of chocolate ganache on the cake leftover from one of my other recent cakes (I think Fran's torte).

There's only 2 more cakes after today... so many cakes, so little time, where has the month gone?!!

#29 closed out!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment