Recent_Comments

Monday, August 19, 2019

VeganMoFo 2019 Day 19: Mango Cake!


When life gives you lemons
throw them back and say
"I wanted a mango!"

My cake fork needed a polish but she didn't get it.
She's getting a workout this month!
This was before the cream cheese bath.


The mangoes from Grimal Grove are unlike any others.
They are the best I've ever had.
I am so fortunate to have gotten some this year.
Here's my mangoes for this cake just before the processor spin.
Today we have a vegan mango bundt cake. I have so many mangoes this time of year, I love to find different ways to enjoy them, but honestly eating a perfectly ripe mango over the sink is my favorite way (we all know this to be true, admit it!) I see the prompt today is "orange and red" and well wouldn't you know this cake not only fits my own theme of 31 cakes in 31 days, but also it's truly a beautiful mellow mango color. You can scroll for the link, the only changes I made for this cake were using fresh mango that I pureed, and adding a pinch of turmeric to hold the golden color through baking. I actually made this cake twice already. First time was in a regular size bundt pan. The cake was perfect, but it wasn't as tall as I expected, so I sized down one pan size for the next round and it was absolutely perfect. You can use any type of pan you'd like, wouldn't mini bundt cakes be lovely too? Also, on the second making of this recipe, I added a very thick cream cheese glaze. It really jazzed this up and looked so pretty. The glaze was my own, no recipe, just on the fly, but I did use Tofutti brand cream cheese because it's what I had in the fridge. Miyoko's has a great cream cheese, as I see Violife on the shelves in my local Publix but I've not taken the plunge yet on that one.

If you live in an area where you have off the tree mangoes, you'll really want to make this recipe. Sorry not sorry, mangoes that are sold frozen, or mangoes that are shipped just don't do it for me, they  don't taste like mango. This cake really allowed the mango flavor to shine. I have some Grimal Grove mangoes right now, the ones straight off that beautiful tree that rained mangoes before Irma. Let's say she may not be raining mangoes, but she's quite showery and I've got the goods to prove it.

Here's the link: https://domesticgothess.com/blog/2019/06/14/vegan-mango-bundt-cake/

Hard to believe but yup, cake 19 in the books. I have more cakes than days left, how can this be?!!!

xo


No comments:

Post a Comment