Recent_Comments

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sunshine Superman

February 3rd? How can it be? I'm here in the Florida Keys, doing my vegan-y thing while the temps are over 80 degrees another day. Its summertime baby. Sunshine. Music. Frosty cold beverages. Lounging in hammocks. Picnics. Friends. Sand. Palm trees, palm trees, palm trees.

The title of today's post refers to one of the most summery songs ever. Psychedelic pop from the 60s, summer music from a time long gone. The memory remains though. And, looking out my window today, its more than memories... summer is HERE. Now!!!

I'm giddy. I can no longer contain my enthusiasm at all. You HAVE to come down to the Keys!! What the heck are you waiting for? Why waste another moment socked in the snowbanks. As soon as the airports re-open, you MUST come here. There's lots of places to stay (including my favorite, Deer Run), wonderful people to meet, the most amazing turquoise water to swim in, and a sky so blue it hurts.

I'm here in shorts, flip flops and a tank top. Making vegan cupcakes, then going for a run. The heat index will be in the high 80s by the time I get out there. The last 2 days of running I actually received a sunburn. SUNBURN KIDDIES! Not frostbite. Nope, rather is a bona fide sunburn.

I'm not trying to make you feel bad, I promise you. Its just that I feel so good, I wish everyone could feel the same way. Feed your soul. Carpe Diem. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment