Recent_Comments

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Oops! A Keys Tomorrow

Well, I guess you can say we've all learned what a "Keys tomorrow" means. It means, "relax mon, it will get done when its ready."

This is not Part 2 of my last post, I'm not ready for that, don't have quite the time yet. But, I've got to let you know that tonight, Food Network is having Throwdown with Bobby Flay, who has chosen our friends, Alison & Jim, of the Key West Key Lime Pie Co. (right here on Big Pine Key) for his latest challenge.

The episode is airing tonight, 8:30pm on Food Network Television. We don't know the outcome, but we certainly are rooting for our friends, Alison & Jim. When my dad was alive, he used to tell me all the time their Key Lime pie was the best pie he ever had, in his entire life. I wish dad were around to watch Throwdown with his favorite pie.

The Key West Key Lime Pie Company has a web site at http://www.keywestkeylimepieco.com/ where you can order your pies online. Shipping is pricey, but they're not making any money on the shipping (not like those "as seen on TV" offers who make more money on shipping and "handling" than the actual product, big frown), they ship for the actual cost only, pies are shipped within insulated coolers, on dry ice. I can attest that the pies arrive in tact, having ordered them for dad, and other friends & family.

So, I'm just checking in super quick to tell you watch Food Network tonight at 8:30pm if you can, let's all root for our friends Alison & Jim. No matter who wins the Throwdown, we know Bobby only picks the best of the best to challenge, so we give major kudos & cheers to the Key West Key Lime Pie Co.

I promise to be back soon with Part 2 of the story from last post, Mr. Happy Vegan was mortified when I told him his story was going on line, he's shy that way. Me? I'm just glad to finally get a laugh which is not at my very own expense.

Good luck tonight Alison & Jim!!! Pie on!

No comments:

Post a Comment