Recent_Comments

Friday, March 4, 2011

For the Love of Cookies

Once again I find myself in "baking mode." Over the last few weeks, I have experimented with several new recipes, some successes, and some absolute failures. Being that I ran out of chocolate (unbelievable, isn't it?), I have been working with everything but chocolate. Admittedly, I'm out of my element, but have made a lot of progress... necessity being the mother of invention. Scanning for recipes, I found one that looked interesting with vegan white chocolate chip and macadamia nuts. After a couple attempts fiddling with leavening and tweaking the ingredients, I hit the right combo for my baking challenged weather and ended up with a whole vanilla bean cookie dough base. I'm in love, oh yes, love love love.

For the majority of my life, I did not understand people who made cooking their passion, and even crafted a living out of it. Now, I'm dialed in, I get it. I watch cooking shows like crazy, read blogs on line, listen to on line cooking & baking shows, and blah blah blah. Cannot get enough. I wonder is this a phase, or more of a turning point. I'm not sure. Whatever it is, I'm rolling with it, and in the meantime producing some unbelievably wonderful vegan goodies. Thankfully, my order of vegan white chocolate chips arrived today, just as I finished wrapping up an order of my whole vanilla bean fruit & nut oatmeal cookies. Yeah baby, life is better with cookies.

I'm in the kitchen for a few hours today, having lunch with a friend (at the Good Food Conspiracy, hooray!), ordering some supplies, then working out and going for a run. In those funny looking Vibrams. With a tiara. Without a cowbell (so sad). The whole time, I will be thinking of cookies, cupcakes, and wonderful treats. Bon Appetit vegan-style!

No comments:

Post a Comment