Recent_Comments

Friday, October 13, 2017

Vegan MoFo Day 13: An Update and A Recipe

Whew, today was busy! I got a video up for you just after sunset offering an update on what's really going on with our business. Also, we have cake. Sort of. This is what I made so many weeks ago, pre-Irma, for my birthday. It's a mostly raw chocolate peanut butter swirl cake. If you've never had a good raw dessert you're missing out.... they can be unbelievably decadent. My peanut butter was not raw and the nuts were pasteurized so not truly raw. Who cares, the recipe sounded good... I was right! Almost 6 weeks bouncing from freezer to freezer and it still tasted spectacular. I made a few tweaks based on what I had on hand but stuck close to the recipe also because that site is one of my favorites for raw. Since Irma I couldn't be any further from raw, but I'll always be vegan. We are simply blessed to even have food in our life during times of strife, hardship or disaster (or a combo of all 3...) the link to the recipe is after the video. Today is actually the other happy vegan's birthday. I went all out and got him a pint of his favorite almond milk ice cream, and he even had some of the raw ice cream cake too. Mr. Happy Camper! Lol.



And here's the link to the cake recipe. Feel free to post any questions you have, now go be your rawsome vegan self!

http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2013/04/deep-dish-chocolate-peanut-butter-ice.html?m=1

xo


1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you guys are making good progress, even if it is a paperwork nightmare! I'm so glad you finally got to enjoy your birthday cake, it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete