Recent_Comments

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Even People Can Be Favorites

I hate to leave you hanging, so sorry for not posting the last couple days. I've been feeling blue; I got some very sad news from across the miles and am allowing myself to feel the sadness.

Today we headed over to the Intuitive Arts Fair at the Good Food Conspiracy. It was small with some healers, seers, and some excellent crystal vendors.  Digby came from far away and displayed his unparalleled metaphysical offerings, including blessed and very powerful crystals. Debra came and offered beautiful jewelry, crystals, prayer flags, and things like that. I picked up a new pendulum today, it's a crystal quartz carved into a Ganesha.  I put a picture up on Facebook if you'd like to see it. Debra helped me choose some crystals and a few other things I need to do a ceremony for someone who is transitioning. That is why I'm so blue... someone very special has passed on and left this Earth. I am saddened beyond words, as so many others are right now. Another hole in the hearts of many that will just never fully heal.

So, mostly this month is about favorites, and I guess I've realized that of course people fall into that category.  When push really comes to shove, I have very few favorite people, as people just aren't at the forefront of favorites when I look around at the state of our world. Since this is about favorites I should really stop and remember more often that there ARE people in the world who work to make things better. "Making it better" often times is as simple in my world as making me laugh. Actually, making the ability to make me laugh gets top billing on my list of important things. I don't think I'm morose either, but I can never get enough laughter. Thankfully the other happy vegan offers up a decent dose of that on a daily basis whether he means to or not.

I can put my family also at the top of my favorites, and of course the other happy vegan (although he would say that depends on the day whether he makes the list or not, haha). It's a funny thing this "favorite people" thing I have going. Either my favorites are icons (think along the lines of Gandhi and Mother Theresa) or very ordinary people. My favorite people are the faceless people who turn tragedy into triumph and help save animals everywhere. My favorite people are those who stand up against injustice all around the world for people, planet and animals; sometimes even in my own backyard. My favorite people list of course includes Pop (then again, he's on EVERYONE'S favorites list). There's an exceptionally short list of people I trust implicitly, and I'd say they are on my favorites list to some degree too, whether I'm on theirs or not.

A lot of people lost a favorite person when a great, but ordinary man lost his battle to cancer yesterday. A good man, a decent man, a kind man, a very bright man, and as hilarious as they come. He had the ability to make people laugh; the ability to make ME laugh.

Yes, we've lost another favorite.

Time marches on.


No comments:

Post a Comment