Recent_Comments

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's Back!

It's back!  The "it" being the sun.  Welcome back, you've been missed!

We had a stretch of clouds, rain, isolated thunderstorms, squalls, and ick for the last few days... over a week actually.  Life goes on through it all, there's always plenty to do, but things go a whole lot smoother when the sun is out.

Yesterday the winds finally began to abate, and today is just beautiful.  The day dawned with flecks of sun streaming through my windows, and as the hours march on the day gets better and better. I took a ride to Key West for a delivery and planned on picking something up  for a friend. The delivery went well, the store not so much.  They're closed on Wednesday.  Who in the world closes a retail store on a Wednesday?  Key West does, that's who.  Maybe they were just as excited to see the sun as I was, and perhaps they drove up to Big Pine.  Who knows.

Even though I made a trip down to the "big city" and came back without I hoped to return with, it was beautiful.  I bumped into a couple friends, and had a few casual conversations with people I'd never even met before, because that's the way things are down here; friendly.  These conversations were a nice brief interlude as I strolled around the strets of Key West on my way to a closed store on this beautiful day.

The sun is out.  I may run, I might not.  I've already been outside and marveled at the sea several times. It's flattening out. The visibility is returning, and it will be nice again for snorkeling and observing all the special sea life that is out there which people travel from far and wide to see.  I'm beyond estatic, the forecast is for a fantastic weekend, and the week ahead is calling for typical South Florida weather in the summer... sunshine every day, with slight chance of rain.  Here in the summer every day brings a chance of rain.  Nothing to be alarmed about there.  Its so pretty here right now I just feel like celebrating.  So I will.  It's time to take another walk on the beach, and see what the storm brought in.  I've been collecting lots of sea beans, rough waters wash them in.  I might even put up a post for you about them.

Enjoy your day where ever you are.  I hope its sunny, hot and beautiful for you, just like it is here for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment