Recent_Comments

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Priorities

As I was driving over the (dreaded) 7 Mile Bridge one of four times today, I noticed how low the tide seemed to be.  There were more sandbars visible than typically I would see, but I'm not really sure why.

I drove Pop up for his game today, and he was in pretty high spirits. This was in contrast to a bit of grumpiness on my part.... he did his best to shake me out of it, not that he needs to do that.  Pop's day was pretty different as planned than my day.  He had his breakfast, did his daily puzzle, a few exercises in his chair, and then sat outside for an hour or so until it was time for me to pick him up for his golf. Me, on the other hand, well I hadn't even had breakfast by the time I picked him up; not a speck of time was there to spare, not even for my flax flakes.  He wondered why I hadn't eaten, and honestly I couldn't bring myself to say that if I stopped to eat then we would be running late for his game too.

By 7:30am today I realized I was already behind schedule, which came as a shock to me because seriously it was only 7:30am.  How can anyone be behind the 8-ball at only 7:30am you may wonder, but if I sat and wrote all that I had on the "to do" list today, then you would begin to understand.

I haven't put up a post here in close to 7 days.  I don't have much to say because my days are essentially the same thing this time of year; a complete and total blur.  I missed my run today because I had so much to do.  I was trying to figure a way today to be in Key West AND Marathon within 2 hours time, which was absolutely impossible. Nonetheless I had anxiety about that until I finally caved in and just said no, cannot do Key Weird today.  So, tomorrow I have to go to Key West.  I've got a list of 12 things to do tomorrow.  Twelve things. That's just the basics.  I've got pretty high hopes that I'll make that run, and even a boot camp class.

I know there is cold and snow about the world, it is February after all. In between noticing all those sandbars on my drive to Marathon, I glanced at the temperature gauge and saw 81.  I wondered why wasn't I the one on the boat, the sand, or in a lounge chair, but as I glanced at my 102, soon-to-be 103, year old friend in the car next to me, I felt that I hadn't done such a lousy job prioritizing after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment