Recent_Comments

Friday, July 13, 2012

Let's Consider It Therapy

When the posts don't come as frequently as usual, 99.9% of the time it's a mental health issue.  Be it from over scheduling wearing me down, or just the state of the world finally breaking me, I will pass on posting until I'm in a happy "place."

So much negative is going on at so many levels, I admit I'm having a bit of a hard time shaking in off the last week or so.  I took it back to my roots (not my hair, you silly rabbit) and grabbed the measuring cups and sifter.  Yes, I'm baking.  For no reason. Well, there's a reason all right, but not to sell it, not to feed it to someone who ordered it, not to experiment for research & development.  Nope. I'm baking  for the h-e-double hockey sticks of it.  This, after a brief self-imposed baking exile when I got frustrated because I couldn't find an ingredient I wanted for a new cookie I wanted to create.

Today I veganized a cream cheese pound cake recipe that a friend posted about on social media recently.  I didn't just veganize it, I Keys-ified it as well, using Key lime instead of regular lime.  Totally different beast those key limes.  Don't talk to me about regular limes, no way no how.  They're just plain nasty. Perhaps the sentiment I have for limes is connected to an incident so long ago when I overindulged at a dance club on an entire pitcher of some horrible lime abomination. No matter how much I try and block that out, anytime I smell or taste lime, that is what flashes through my head. So, who could blame this happy vegan for being anti-lime, right?

All that aside, right now my house smells like citrus and vanilla.  It's wonderful.  I feel better, not cured, but a little better.  As soon as the cake is done, I'm heading out for a late run.  I think that should be the final thing to kick start me again.  At least I hope so.

How could I possibly ever forget that cake has magical powers?

Tomorrow is a brand new day for me to make of it what I will.  I'm not sure how it will all turn out, but it's brighter than it would have been before I lead myself back into the valley of the baking divas.

Cake. Is. Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment