Recent_Comments

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Irie















RASTAFARI!
This Saturday all afternoon OCEANFRONT @ MM34 there's gonna be a party (something new and different for the Keys, haha). Three internationally acclaimed reggae bands are coming and spending the day sharing their music at the Lower Keys Reggaefest.

This is a picture of my friend Bonnie. We were at last years RF. She is an original flower child. I adore her. Bonnie has more grace and class in her pinky than most people could ever possess at all. She never has a cross word for anyone, and lives for music. Any kind of music. She sings, she plays instruments, she dances, she soaks everything in, and music bursts from her soul. Bonnie introduced me to the reggae music of Jahfe', thanks to her I'm a rock solid groupie.

At last year's fest, Bonnie was the first to hit the dance floor, and probably the last one to leave (I say "probably" because by that point things were getting a little, um, can we say fuzzy and leave it at that). I was up there too (thanks Bonnie!) as she pretty much inspired the entire crowd (HUNDREDS of people) to get up and move. It was glorious. A little rum never hurt either.....

So, here Reggaefest comes to town again. I hope to attend, but if I just can't swing a whole day away from the inn, Jafhe' blasts into town too! The party won't stop with the 'fest.... Jafhe' brings their burning hot reggae to the tiki Saturday night. If I'm not at the RF, you can find me hitting the dance floor kickin' it to their backbeat. Can't wait! We're gonna do it again next year... check your calendar. See you then! Irie.

No comments:

Post a Comment