Recent_Comments

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sparkles, cookies & palm trees

Another day gone by. I've got a little time before I head out to boot camp class, figured what the heck, I'll see if I can get a post done.

So, how are you doing balancing fun vs. stress this holiday season? So far, so good? I hope so. On my end of things, the percentages are still in favor of fun on that battlefront. I've managed to keep up a fairly decent work out schedule, although I have slipped a little. The last 2 days in a row my running has fallen victim to lack of time, lack of prioritizing. I'm not going to freak out over this, I've kept up a good schedule at the gym and with my trainer, Halley.

I drove around town today, dropping off boxes of homemade cookies & treats for people I appreciate, those I love. Its a happy thing, this cookie delivery aspect of today. Driving around, I saw lots of people wearing sparkly things, Santa hats, and even 2 cars with reindeer antlers and a red nose affixed. Cute. So, I tuned my radio to a reggae station that was playing steel drum Christmas carols, and tooled up and down the islands delivering boxes of cookies with sparkly ornaments I made. Some of my boxes even had tree ornaments woven by Mark the weaver.

My house kind of looks like a bomb exploded. My kitchen is clean, but is stacked to the hilt with cookies and treats tucked into plastic bins, waiting to be boxed and delivered. The cats have been randomly taking sea sponges off my Yule tree and batting them around typically about 4:30am, and I'm definitely sleep deprived. Sounds like Christmas is near.

I hope you're winning your own battle on percentages too. Try not to worry too much. Somehow, all of us who have all this extra stuff to do, well, those things will get done. That which doesn't get done is not life threatening. Its all good. I am looking forward to tomorrow, taking another drive, delivering more treats, picking up a few last minute things, and watching people scurry to & fro. All this to a backdrop of aqua blue water and palm trees swaying. Christmas time in the Keys.... mid-70s today, blazing sun. Crystal clear skies at night, pirates ringing Salvation Army bells, and steel drum music filling my airspace. I'm feelin' it.

No comments:

Post a Comment