Recent_Comments

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy 103rd Birthday Pop!

Pop getting ready to enjoy a (vegan! organic) birthday sweet on his 103rd. 
Today our friend, Pop, turned 103.  I talk about Pop fairly often here, mostly because he's really one of my best friends at this point, and because he's so awesome to know.  I stopped by this morning, wished him happy birthday, deposited a few (vegan! organic!) cupcakes on his table, and visited. He's looking good, and feeling fine.

Pop is a lot like Peri, in that I think he belongs to the Universe.  We all do, don't we?  But, Pop has a very special way about him, just like beloved Peri.  Always trusting in the good, living in gratitude, never speaking (or meowing, in Peri's case) harsh words, and treating all with loving kindness.

I'm lucky enough to have a really cool role model for a friend.  Happy Birthday Pop, "you rascal."  When I think of Pop, I almost always hear some of his best catchphrases in my head...  "God Bless," "I love you," "thank you" and "you rascal!"  Pop is one in a million, truly, one in a million.  Happy Birthday Friend.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Pop... sorry - we two rascals missed you on our most recent visit to Deer Run!

    ReplyDelete