Recent_Comments

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

UNCLE!

I give up.  Well, not entirely, but at least for the moment.  I'm not even in the whirlwind of holiday shopping that envelopes the majority this time of year, and yet I'm finished.  Cooked.  Done.  Over it.

I have been on my feet for 14 hours today (so far, except for the time it will take for this post, and bits of computer time today) and I have so much to do, I could easily clock in at least 3 more hours.  Not gonna happen.  This decision came to me as I was doing an "easy" project of chocolate covered pretzels.  Never done them before, but how hard could they possibly be.  Open a bag, melt some chocolate, smear it on, and sprinkle adorable sprinkles.

Sounded like a plan.

I coated my pretzels and began to add the sprinkles. Cute holiday sprinkles.  Red ones.  Green ones.  Round ones. Holly shaped ones with cute round berries. They all came in small jars with shakers.  Or so I thought.  I used 3 of the 4 jars, all had shakers.  I came upon my last jar.... those stupid holly sprinkles.  I coated my pretzels, opened the cap, didn't look, and "SPLOOSH" holly sprinkles with round berries everywhere.  Rolling across the counter, across the floor, into my shoes, and onto the cat.  There was no shaker top for those "cute" holly sprinkles with round berries.   But, after 14 hours standing, consider if you'd check for a shaker top before applying, especially if the preceding 3 jars DID have shakers

Its been 4 solid days of baking.   I missed my run today because I had too many chores.  Two trips up and back to Marathon for Pop, food shopping, baking, deliveries.  Blah blah blah.

This is nothing compared to what ba-zillions of other people do this time of year.  Yet, as I began sponging up holly shaped sprinkles with round berries from every surface in my kitchen, then hauled out the vacuum with crevice attachment for further amusement, I thought it... "UNCLE."   I admit defeat.  Cutting my losses for the day.

I have more pictures to post, but haven't had them downloaded for you yet.  Homes, businesses and people are all decorated for Christmas. On one of my scads of errands today, I saw a bicyclist wearing a Santa hat with a dog in the bike basket, also wearing a Santa hat (I know, I know.... I agree it probably wasn't the best idea for the dog's safety, but at least they were off the main road, on a bicycle path).   I also drove over the 7 Mile Bridge (4 times) today and noticed that the big tree randomly growing in the middle of the old bridge now has what appears to be a star, with lights, jammed near the top.  I have every intention of making the trek over that bridge in the dark to check it out.  Tonight would actually be a good night for that, considering its dark out, and I'm still awake.  But, no.  My mantra, which I mustn't forget is "uncle."

Let's try again tomorrow, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment