Recent_Comments

Sunday, November 27, 2011

I'm Fine, Thank You Very Much

I posted recently about my little struggles with the conventional food associated with the Thanksgiving holiday... about the cruelty issues, and lack of nutrition that is in so much of the "food" available.  Well, I'm feeling much better today, thank you very much.

I'm working out my issues by finding solace in my own kitchen, as well as with our wonderful our guests.  I like to write about how great our guests are overall, and they really are, but sometimes I find even more exceptional kindness and compassion.  It really is people like that who help me find balance.

So, I'm in the kitchen a lot lately.  I'm working on a few new things, and baking up some old standbys.  I've been practicing my cake decorating skills a little bit more, and have made 7 more cakes in the last few days (that's a lot of cake!)  I feel better doing this.  Sure it can be chaotic in the kitchen when I'm working on so many different things at once, but at the same time its very soothing and relaxing.  Mixing batters, creating frostings, baking all these donuts, cakes & cookies.  I'm reminded how good food really is, and what its purpose is.  Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not passing off my baking as health food, but it is pure food.  Ingredients you can pronounce and recognize, plus not an ounce of cruelty.  I also felt better after I made a delivery to the health food store, just the 15 minutes or so I spent in there was completely uplifting. It smelled good when I walked in, people were smiling and laughing, and there was music playing.  It was definitely a good thing.

Amidst all the nuttiness in the world, I'm regrouping and stopping the pity party. There's much work to be done.... cakes to bake, cookies to invent, chores to do, cats to visit with, and an ocean to gaze upon. Not to mention the fact that I'm always busy changing the world, one vegan bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment