Recent_Comments

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome to September

Turn the page, September's here.

For many, September means back to school, back to work, back to routines.  It means apples and pumpkins, mums and cinnamon.  Not for me!  September means my summer really begins to finally get in gear. Its overdue, and I'm busting at the seams to get things started!  I've still got crates of fresh organic peaches in my kitchen, and papayas falling off my trees.  The smell of tanning butter is in the air and everywhere I go I hear reggae.  Endless summer is in full effect in my world.

We're also in the season of Virgo.  Yup, another birthday will soon be upon me.  Again this year I've decided to roll with the punches and embrace it. I'm tired of fighting it I guess. Last year was pretty fun, and I think this year will be even better.  A little gathering is being planned in honor of those of us who have birthdays in September.  So far, there's only 2 Virgos representing, but there's a host of people coming along for the celebration.  I shall be in my tiara, the other Virgo shall be wearing a crown.  I'm in the middle of a very important decision of what color hair to step out in that night.... magic purple or fluorescent pink.  I'm sure once I settle on the color of sparkles I'll wear for the occasion the hair color will be easier to choose.

The biggest thing missing from Virgo season down here will be our friend Kevin.  He was Virgo, and it was this time last year I was busy baking my best chocolate cake with my best chocolate ganache for his birthday party.  Today's soup at the store was the thai coconut Kevin was known for, which was always my favorite.  That was the soup he made for me after my dad died, in his effort to help me heal from that huge loss.  I don't really even eat that anymore, it may sound silly, but I just can't.  Instead, I've found other new favorite flavors there. Something as simple as soup has become emotionally confounding for me, go figure.  Anyway, somehow we'll find a way to remember Kevin as we get our party on, yes, we certainly will.

Sorry for all the folks who are in cold zones where summer is having its last hurrah. I'm telling you this, no matter where you are, take every single warm day and live it as if it were your last.  And, when that's done, book your flights and get down to the Keys, because here we're just getting started.

See? September isn't so bad after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment