Recent_Comments

Friday, September 23, 2011

Another Equinox

The Autumn Equinox is upon us.  Some know it as "Mabon", a time to give thanks for an abundant harvest, and celebrate the changing seasons. A celebration of dark and light, for the space today is equal.  Some people I know celebrate this equinox simply for the abundant pumpkin lattes that are available for a short time at their local coffee houses.

Here today the temperature hit 91. Now that's what I call autumn.

I won't rehash what I've already blogged ad nauseum about... you know I'm not a fan of cold, that I live here in the Keys partly for the beautiful paradise weather.  But even I could've told you about 3 days ago that fall was in the air.  Sure, we're still in the midst of the "wet" season down here, I watch the tropical updates daily, scanning for information on storms that are swirling out there, or in the process of being formed.  Despite all this, about 3 days ago I felt something different in the air.  Not a chill, not a smell, but this time it was a feeling.  The humidity had dropped.  It was enough that I felt the big change in the air.  I went out for a visit with Pop and was sitting outside with him when I realized the air was different.  I mentioned it to him, he agreed it felt different.  His take on the situation?  "Even more beautiful than I'm used to."  Pop sure has a way with words.

So, here I am still enjoying temps in the 90s, but feeling what will eventually come my way to usher in the change of seasons, that beautiful dry air.  I love living here.  I love it whether its hot & sticky or warm & dry.  As long as its not snowing, its paradise for me... here in the Keys they sure know how to welcome autumn.

Enjoy your pumpkins.... I've got to go pick papayas.

No comments:

Post a Comment