Recent_Comments

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Missing Kevin

I went to the health food store today. I needed groceries, but nothing major. I could've gotten by with what I have stockpiled, but it was more of a "feel good" visit. I needed to be around good people and recharge my batteries. I've been a bit blue, and had also encountered some negative energy I wanted to purge. Off to the health food store I went.

I went inside the store, and saw all the familiar faces I love, sat at the counter and ordered some soup. As I sat and ate, I looked at Kevin's picture on the shelf above the sink, smiling down upon all in the store. I ate my soup, chatted with people coming & going, and in the quiet times reflected on missing a friend.

My dad summed it up best long ago when he lost a friend & kindred spirit in a plane crash. We CHOOSE our friends, and when they leave us, its a different kind of traumatic experience.

We're just really missing Kevin

I went out on my porch yesterday and studied my big coconut fish again. All the swirly things on it. The big eyes. That black coral. I ran my fingers over all the places where pieces attach, trying to connect with someone no longer here. Trying somehow to channel Kevin's spirit, knowing he touched those same places. Spending his precious time making that piece for me. I imagined him smiling as he worked, and began to feel the spirit of his love.

I miss Kevin. Mr. Happy Vegan misses Kevin. We all miss Kevin. Its not fair that he's gone and we're left behind.

At least staring at his picture today while I ate some soup, maybe we spent some time together after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment