Recent_Comments

Thursday, May 3, 2012

First Fawn!

I saw her tonight on my way to the gym.  The first fawn of the season.

Funny thing, as I was speaking with someone just yesterday or today, I said something along the lines "if you were going to be here in 2 weeks, you would probably see a fawn."  I said this because at that moment in time I somehow forgot it was May; I thought it was mid-April. And, in my thinking that it was mid-April, I was telling them to look for fawns beginning in May.

I have seen my first spotted fawn.  She is not in our herd, I saw her behind the deer fence on US 1 (please, please, PLEASE drive with caution through Big Pine) and thought "wow how beautiful." Her fur was such a dark brown, her spots so vivid white. Mom was right next to her, keeping a watchful eye.  The little fawn was so small, so very small.

"Be Kind to the Animals. Especially the Small Ones. They're Very Delicate."


No comments:

Post a Comment