Recent_Comments

Saturday, April 28, 2012

I Wish

I think a lot about things I cannot have; about things that are essentially impossible to manifest.  When I consider my top three "wishes," I think I would have to say "I wish I could manifest more time" as likely right up there.

Time.  It is truly one of the only things that cannot be bought on this Earth. Philosophers have devoted their lives to ruminating over it. Many people at work practically live and die by a deadline, constantly watching that clock, while maybe there's others who seemingly have no worries at all about time.  Then again there's those of us like me who are over scheduled and no matter how effective our time management appears to be, it just isn't good enough at some point.

Welcome to my today.

My pre-planned "to do" list is essentially untouched today.  The "woah, surprise!" items that took precedence throughout my day over my "to do" list just seemed to grow and grow and grow as the hours of the day ticked on.

As I write this, it is Saturday night.  Right about now a wee bit over two decades ago, you would have found me in my teeny apartment preparing for a night out with friends for clubs and dancing.  In the background would have been some lame television program (however if it was a Friday which was also dedicated to friends, clubs and dancing it definitely was NOT a lame program, not lame at all, it would have been Miami Vice, yay!)  Flash foreword a "few" (a-hem) years and here I am on a Saturday night working to fill some orders. As I was whirling the biscotti dough in my beloved Kitchen-Aid (after grinding my own almond flour in my just-as-much beloved Vita-Mix), for some reason I began to think of those times.  And, I wondered how wonderful it would have been if there was a way I could "bank" free time from then for when I would have needed it, times like now.  And, maybe not just "bank" it, instead I could exchange it as time not just free, but extra time I could tack on any day I wanted to miraculously and mysteriously have 29.5 hours in a 24 hour day, yet the space and time continuum doesn't deviate through the Universe. Only for me.

How great would that be.  I calculated that I need about 5.5 extra hours today to complete everything I need to, and still have a little time to put up my feet, drink a tall glass of black cherry ice tea and allow myself my own philosophical ruminations about space-time staring at the ocean.

Its not to be.  I don't have the magic theory, and no scientists I know of have cracked the time travel code. Instead I'll just keep plugging along watching the dough swirl and think about Crockett and Tubbs I guess.  That's much less painful than thinking about space-time anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment