Recent_Comments

Saturday, August 6, 2011

In No Particular Order

The turtle with the spear intentionally shot through her skull is doing well. She has been named "Sarah." You can read about Sarah and her story at http://www.turtlehospital.org/ on their blog. A few more people have stepped up the reward money offered for capturing the abuser. Sarah is the talk of the town down here, none of us really can understand why would someone do such a horrible thing to such an innocent creature. She was found not far from where I am, just off Big Pine Key. I'm optimistic someone will come forward with information.

Things here are moving along ok. I didn't get out to run today. We keep getting these thunderstorms randomly rolling through the area, and its messing with my schedule. Tomorrow I'm running and biking, no matter the weather.

I thought about baking today, just for fun, but the force wasn't with me. I'm not sure what deflated my sails in that department because the day started off like gangbusters. After breakfast I made a pot of soup for a friend who wasn't feeling well yesterday (I made my "get well quick" miso soup with 'shrooms, chick peas, tofu, baby spinach and ginger). After making deliveries, I spent a fair amount of time surfing the net looking for some specific information I've been seeking for a while. I've put a few more feelers out there for what I'm looking for. Sometimes I wonder why are people so lazy. I've sent out email after email, asking for what I need, and I'm obviously willing to pay what it takes. No responses. Is the rest of the world that well off that they can just ignore paying requests for their services? Maybe so. I keep filing away in the back of my mind all the people who are ignoring me as I go through my efforts. Its not a good feeling to be ignored. Maybe someday I won't be so cryptic about what I'm going through right now, but for today, I must be. I will definitely remember anyone who has helped me, and gone out of their way for me. I will return the favor when needed. I will definitely remember those who have chosen to ignore my pleas. Such a pity.

Oh, the one really great new recipe I made this week was a vegan fruit filled pastry. I'm not a fan of cooked fruit, I say that all the time. But, I forged ahead with the recipe anyway, and I'm happy I did. I'm going to turn them into "minis" I think they'll be really cute and tasty. Mr. Happy Vegan says the pastry was a little too thin in some spots, so I'll make sure not to do that again. Otherwise, I don't listen too much to him with cooking issues. Tonight I planned on making another nice Italian dinner for us, complete with homemade sauce (ok, the tomatoes were organic from a can, but all the rest of the ingredients were fresh), vegan "meat" balls, fresh made salad dressing and so forth. You know what? It didn't happen. As I pulled my cookbook out (Veganomicom, thank you very much), he came in and said "you can't make sauce, I'm going to the store." After I nearly fainted from that remark, he then said "here's tomato paste, you can use this, I'll show you how to do it." I promptly closed my book, shut off the pots & pans, put the tomatoes in the fridge, and walked out of the kitchen to play with the cats. I invited him to make his own dinner, I would be having cereal. Sure, he said he was sorry, but I got annoyed anyway. He realized the error of his ways quickly, but once words are said, they just can't be taken back, can they? No, and that meant I was off the hook for dinner.

Everything turned out fabulous; I had peaches on my cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment