Recent_Comments

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another Clutter Bust

Just when I think there couldn't be more clutter to bust, I am proven wrong. I've  been working in my office for several hours today. Organizing things. It started out as a small project, but now as I look around, I've got boxes everywhere, step ladders out (2 to be exact), closed shelving open, open shelving closed, boxes to donate to charity, and on and on and on. Ugh.

I had to take a break; I was done in by photos.  It happens to the best of us, the mountains of photos.  I haven't gone through them in years, in fact I probably really haven't snuck a peek at most of these boxes since I moved here and plopped them down on shelves.  But, going through everything today I had to open the photo boxes, look inside, see what's there. What did I find?

I found that the 80s were amazing for huge hair and fluorescent clothing (although I still think I rocked both pretty well). I found that Mr. Happy Vegan had more hair than I ever remembered. I found that I too had more hair (albeit in terms of size), and also learned that Mr. Happy Vegan wishes I still wore my hair like that (look out gals of Jerseylicious). I found pictures of my entire family at birthdays, graduations, and just regular days. All of us.  Together. Its difficult to look and see. I cannot believe how young we all were, and how young they were when stolen off this Earth.

I found mementos of loves lost, and love found.  I cannot believe some of the things I've actually saved.

I found photos of all my beloved companion animals through the years from kittenhood to days before they left me.

Its all so overwhelming.

Time has gone by. It has gone by so quickly.

Time continues to go by. Its all happening too fast.

Surrounded by boxes, bags and drawers of stuff, I'm making my way through. Of course I'll never toss any photos that I have kept. I've done that before.  The answer to any bad breakup or editing of my life was to run photos AND negatives through shredders or better yet have a bonfire (yup, did that). I don't regret having gotten rid of those photos, but what it leaves me with are absolutely the cream of the crop, my treasures, the best of the best. My family, and my friends who are the equivalent of family.  As soon as I finish this post, I'm getting back to the sorting. I'm not organizing any photos, and I'll try really hard to stop looking at them.  Just put them in boxes, re-label them and move on to the next pile.

The clutter busting never ends it seems.  With each effort I make, my space is more open, and I feel lighter. This office was the last room that felt overwhelming.  After today, I don't think I'll be bothered with that feeling, not at all. Its all going, and what's left will be boxed, labeled, filed and organized.  At least, that's the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment