Recent_Comments

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stuff

Woe is me. Minimal sleep last night, boo hiss.

Yesterday, despite the fatigue and pain, I made my way through chores, cooking, baking and so forth. Ditched the running, just to be on the safe side, but went to boot camp. Did ok. Got home, made a little salad, and went to bed. Somewhere between channel surfing and dozing, it happened. Pink Moon used my neck as a springboard. I practically saw stars. Pink was no better off either, as my reaction sent that little anxiety riddled feline into a panic. It was quite a while before I saw her again last night. I didn't really care about her anxiety for a change, as the after effects from the incident stayed with me through the night, and into the morning. Thus began last night's "sleep."

Typically things move a little slower down here in the summer. Not lately though. Demands on my time, as well as Mr. Happy Vegan's time, are unusually heavy lately. I've decided to put most of any new experimenting in the kitchen on hiatus, just for a little while. Something's gotta give. Even though I have 2 brand spanking new vegan cookbooks (which in less than 1 week I've managed to try 4 new recipes from), today I set them aside. Had to do it.

I'm planning on getting my life back in order. Chaos is the order of the day in the laundry room, and my dining room table. I'm not alone with these issues, am I? Mail comes in, I sort it, yet piles of paper accumulate on my dining room table. I have an office, yet there is all this paper. Both of us in-patient happy vegans here are victims of the paper monster. Shifting things from "here" to over "there." How come? We do so much of the work on line to save paper, yet poof the piles are there. Yikes.

Then there's my personal laundry. That stuff is always secondary when running a B&B. The inn laundry must take priority, so days lapse before I get a crack at the machines here..... socks & running clothes ooze out my closet, so many, how is that possible?

I can't take it, all this disorder. Tomorrow is another busy day, but I'm going to take back order in my own home. This is not a complicated task, but why do I have such trouble getting it done? Once I get like this, nothing can really save me except getting inside the nitty gritty of closests and drawers and performing another purge of objects. That's on the list tomorrow.... getting rid of "stuff."

I'll feel better this time tomorrow night. I'm sitting here right now imagining all the wonderful piles I'll have of stuff, all labeled for different destinations. Some things go to the animal shelter, some things go to the wildlife rescue, some things go to Habitat for Humanity, and other things will go to the Salvation Army Family Store. Ahh, the beautiful piles of things going away. I feel better already.

Getting rid of "stuff" along with a little bit of sleep will go a long way. That's my plan. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment