Recent_Comments

Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Confess

You know I had a l-o-n-g list of things to do today, you knew it, I knew it. I still know it. I have a confession to make.

I chucked it all today to make way for fun.

I couldn't help myself, it was a force beyond my control.

When I woke up, I had chores, cooking, baking and another round for my virtual 5k on tap. I did the morning chores, all according to plan. Somewhere afterwards, I derailed. The 5k bit the dust today (its ok, I shaved just seconds below 4 minutes off my time yesterday, I'm submitting it, so there), and all other chores have fallen by the wayside. Is it the sunshine? The perfect sky? The REALLY bad runners tan? What caused this lapse in my usual responsible self? I don't know, and it doesn't really matter. Before I knew it, I found myself on my rooftop sanctuary, in teeny clothes, with frosty beverages & an iPod. My cabana boy (aka Mr. Happy Vegan) has kept the drinks flowing, and I have done things worshipping the sun gods today that would make my dermatologist's toes curl.

All in the name of a good time.

I don't care, I needed this. Behind the scenes here we're dealing with lots of stuff; paperwork, schedules, plans, and the continued failings of the Gulf Coast Claims Recovery Fund with BP issues. Awful, just awful. Why should I let another perfect day pass? I shouldn't, that's what I decided.

Friends are in town for a short while visiting from my old stomping grounds, and we hope to see them tonight. Included in that will be some laughs, a few drinks (you know I'm not designated driver, right??!!), and so forth.

I have to go. I've got at least 45 minutes of prime skin damaging time left on my roof, and I just finished lunch. Afterwards, I'll have just enough time to clean myself up and dress for dinner & drinks.

Carpe Diem.

No comments:

Post a Comment