Recent_Comments

Monday, April 11, 2011

Good Stuff!

Its been a pretty good few days here. Lots of sunshine, high temps, and FREE TIME! It's true, we carved time for fun, we played like Keys visitors; it's been fantastic!


Over the last few days, we had a divine dinner in Key West at LaTrattoria, another of my favorite restaurants. GREAT Italian food. We planned to stop at The Cafe, on Southard, after dinner for vegan desserts, but I was just too full. Pity too, that night they had an orange cake with cinnamon icing I was hoping to try. A useful tip is always plan dessert before dinner.... that's exactly what we did. On our way to LaTrattoria, we stopped at The Cafe to review the desserts. What can I say... next time for sure! Instead, we walked off our food and wine touring the streets of Key West, window shopping, and people watching. I also managed to buy a birthday gift for someone.


We had a great time with friends at No Name Pub, I feasted on veganized pizza. Then there was an evening spent with friends at their home for drinks and appetizers. Talk about a feast! What a spread they did for us! Seriously, we were both blown away. They aren't vegan, but presented such lovely, homemade food, it was divine. They made flatbreads from scratch, hummus, tzazki sauce, falafel, slaw, and boy oh boy I hope I'm not forgetting anything else and it was all VEGAN! I passed on the cocktails since I had an early morning of work planned, but I've still got that that good food on my mind (not to mention the good company).


Another great pick over the last few days was a visit to the Intuitive Arts Fair at the Good Food Conspiracy. It was wonderful. Good Food Conspiracy is now celebrating their 29th year in business. This is almost a miracle here in the Keys where people and businesses can come and go quickly. There were many different types of healers in their garden, vendors with artisan crafted wares, live music, great food, and lots of new faces. I spent about 2 hours at the Fair one day, and probably even more the next day. I even had a sound healing session which if I could have one every day, I would. I made new friends, saw some old friends too. I left each day feeling uplifted and happy. So very good.


I planted myself on the sunny beach for a cocktail and some Vitamin D, then did a little local shopping. I have to say, the time was absolutely well needed and very well invested. I'm feeling pretty perky and have a very optimistic outlook. Although I haven't done any running since Friday, I still feel great. By the way, the overall winner of the 7 Mile Bridge Run turned in a 5:44 mile time. But, want to be REALLY impressed, try this on for size; the female winner in the 80-89 age category turned in an average just over 12 minute mile, and the male winner in the same age category turned in a just over 11 minute average mile. Talk about inspiration!


So, there you go. I'm pouring every spare moment I have into fun, inspiring, refreshing, fun, relaxing, activities. After all, why should only the visitors have all the fun; there's plenty to go around!

1 comment: