Recent_Comments

Monday, September 13, 2010

Don't Worry, Be Happy Virgo

Happy Birthday fellow Virgos!

This has been a week plus weekend mostly full of laughs, parties, and good times. I'm partial to the Virgo sign of the Zodiac, being that its my own sign. For various reason, my birthday usually is not something I look forward to, instead I work hard to ignore the occasion. This year there would be no ignoring the fact. Mostly because there were too many fun events, parties, and festivities being planned for me to ignore Virgo season. This year, the Universe begged me to party. Who am I to say "no" to the Universe?!

On my actual birthday, we went to Key West, had a few cocktails in various places, went to dinner at "The Cafe, A Mostly Vegetarian Restaurant" (look 'em up, they're on Southard, my absolute favorite place to eat in Key West), then went to a nightclub for a drag show. I'd never been to a drag show, and didn't really know what to expect. I hoped to be surrounded by good people in a nurturing environment with the common denominator of having fun. I was right! I haven't laughed so hard probably in years. I was treated to a show full of quite a cast of characters with incredible talent. Singers, dancers, story tellers, it was fabulous. I laughed so hard my face AND my sides actually ached. It was a great celebration of being Virgo, diversity, commonality, and life in general. Thanks to a very generous friend, we stayed overnight at an inn in Key West, so all we had to do was eat drink & be merry, without throwing any driving in that mix.

Blended in the festivities, I was treated to dinner, drinks & a movie with my girl peeps. Back down to Key West for another round of eating, drinking & merry-making. When I moved here a few years ago, I never really imagined I'd ever make any friends. I was wrong. I've been embraced by such a wonderful and strong group of friends who make me feel valuable and important. I am so blessed to know them. Being here in the Keys generally people are accepting of each other, and tend to bring out the best in each other. My girl peeps do that for me. I had such a fun time with them, and actually ended up arriving home in the wee hours of the night.... another thing I haven't done in far too long to remember. Plus, it was FUN!

Virgo fests for 2010 brought me champagne, chocolate, good food, boat rides, books, cake, fun, friendship, love and joy. I think I've reached a turning point in the celebration of being Virgo. I'll take it for everything it has to offer. Virgo has another week or so in the Zodiac, and then after that, its STILL my birthday month, so.... more reasons to eat, drink & be merry. I think I understand "with age comes wisdom." Party on fellow Virgos!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Jen! Glad to hear you and Mr. Happy Vegan are enjoying your lives down there. Tell Mr. Happy Vegan that "Harry the Palm Plant" is now over 3 feet tall!

    ReplyDelete