Recent_Comments

Saturday, March 27, 2010

I hear music

I live in Paradise. What's that saying "home is where the heart is." Right, ok. So, now I say "paradise is where the heart is." Here on this island is Paradise.

Yesterday was 86 degrees. Today just about hit 80. There were puffy clouds in the sky, and it was this amazing blue. I call it Skyy blue, just in case anyone is wondering.

Boats on the water. Birds in the sky. Cake in the oven (don't forget, Pop turns 101 tomorrow!!) I see flip flops on my beach. I see sunglasses sitting by the pool....

Tonight we went to a local tiki bar where Howard Livingston & the MM 24 Band (that's Mile Marker 24 for those uninitiated to Keys lingo) were playing. It was the CD release party for their 5th disc. Interesting fact. Howard has an outboard motor he takes to every gig modified with a blender attached. He makes margaritas in there for the crowd.

Back to the gig....Jam packed. I didn't see too many people I knew, seems they've got their groupies and so forth. We arrive, the 4 of us, park down the street... cars everywhere. Jam packed at the tiki, did I mention? Hit the bar. Wave hello to those we happen to know. Hit the bar again. What? A 2 hour wait to get a table? That's ok... there's a bar, what's our hurry, we're on island time. The band comes on well before the table is ready... Howard hops up and screams into the mic "OH YEAH, PARADISE BABY, WE'RE IN IT!" Crowd seems pretty liquored up by now, hollers back, toasting the band with their beverages of choice. Steel drums begin, trumpet, sax, steel guitar, all comes together... he's "Living on Key West Time" la la la. Oh happy day. 2 songs later the band leaves the stage, its like a crazy scene from Mardi Gras. They're all over the dance floor, the band that is. They're playing all their instruments on the dance floor dancing with all the people! Paradise baby!

Ooo, our table's ready! There's our friends Tim & Joanne still waiting for a table.... Us: come sit with us, ok? Them: Yes, sure, we'd love to! 6 of us now.... hit the bar. Yay, here comes the server, ooh, he's ready for another drink order, yay. (yes, of course there was a designated driver by the way...) We eat. We drink. We're laughing like idiots. The band goes on break. We run down to get my CD signed. Me: "hey Howard, thanks for doing the gig, this is great!" Him: "this is Paradise, this is perfect!" Yay! Howard signs my CD. I forget to take a picture. I'm a big dope.

Ah..... another day, and night, in paradise. Who needs Buffett on a day like today?

1 comment:

  1. Nice.... Hope you haven't given up on 5 string Rocket Man !

    ReplyDelete