Recent_Comments

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The face of 101



It happened. Pop turned 101 on Sunday.

Pop's church had a party and special cake for him after service. There were about 300 people there. Later in the day, we in the neighborhood converged upon him for chocolate cake, hugs, kisses and great fellowship. Here's a picture of Pop's cake, and the birthday boy himself blowing out the candles.


The Thursday prior, Pop's golf group had 90 people turn out for the game. After the tournament, about 30 more people showed up for a total just over 120 celebrating at the club with a party, cake and good cheer.

Personally, I do not look ahead that far regarding my life. I have considered though, if I did live to be 101, I hope I could be a fraction of the person Pop is, and be surrounded by so many people who genuinely care.

The plans are already in motion.... next year, there's going to be fireworks shot from a boat in the ocean near Pop's house. Pop's already excited. So am I. We all are. He's placed his cake order too... surprise, surprise.... "chocolate cake, honey, with a side of kisses." Love ya Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment