Recent_Comments

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

VeganMoFo 2019 Day 14: Nope, Nope and Nope

Version 1
Nope.

Version 2
Nope.


Version 3
Nope.


It was inevitable, I knew it. I made it 13 days without my first epic fail, today took the cake for sure. Three, yes THREE, cake fails in one single day. Remember when I said I was doing this theme that you'd see melting cakes, sliding cakes and so forth, well I guess I should've added the category of complete and total cake fails. It doesn't get any worse than 3 fails in one day. Unless there's 4 fails, and if that happens its all on you, you're even more ridiculous than me... we should both quit at 2, yes, 2 is the limit.

I was reading another MoFo'er blog, they published a vegan angel food cake. Like it was just a ho-hum everyday thing! I was floored! In all it's glory there it was... a vegan angel food cake!!! The holy grail of vegan cakes! I read, re-read and read again the short post, it even had beautiful angel food cake pictures. I couldn't get it out of my mind, immediately it went into my "31 cakes" plan. Here's how things went. First let me explain Irma ate my angel food pan, no one I know had a pan I could borrow, so I used a deep regular cake pan with a can for the center. Plenty of others through time have done it this way, no judging.

Version 1: Realized after baking I added the wrong amount of flour, see results above.

Version 2: Everything was perfect, this one had potential. Based upon the results I figured it I baked it in a smaller pan, it would be just right. See results above.

Version 3: Used smaller pan. Smell burnt cake. See smoke. Open oven door, wave around smoke, scrape boiling over cake, shut door. Like a souffle, poof it deflated. See results above.

Tomorrow's project: cleaning the oven.

Next!

xo



1 comment: