Recent_Comments

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Vegan MoFo 2017 Day 22: Good News!

Guys I'm so tired I cannot do a video. But I can share a recipe and some great news.

The prompt today is something like unusual grains. I'm a huge fan of buckwheat as well as freekah. Buckwheat is far more affordable where I am. They are both gluten free, a plus for me. I was making large batches of raw vegan chocolate buckwheat granola before the storm and had dehydrated tons of organic strawberries also as topping for the cereal. All wiped out in the storm, probably in the Florida Straits along with everything else we lost. It's been a while since I made the granola but I did find what looks like a similar method as how I was making mine. No sprouting required but it is dehydrated. It was so wonderful, I really enjoyed it. Add things you like, omit things you dislike. I only use scant amounts of sweetener when I make things for myself but maple syrup is my first choice. Here's the link, and there's a photo that happened to be on my phone I'll post on Facebook since I cannot upload here. Same pic from chocolate day, lucky you: http://chefambershea.com/2012/03/26/raw-chocolate-buckwheat-granola/

Now on to the good news. I still go feed the ferals each  night. There is only one left post storm it's killing me. There's a new tuxedo who shows up every few days, nothing on schedule though. I still search for the others, to no avail. But tonight while I was at one of the regular stops, my fellow feral steward Mr. "Z" appeared beaming ear to ear... "my buddy showed up tonight!!! He's there, he's there!" So there it is, great news another has returned. We will keep going, looking, calling, and hoping. But now we have 2 of the old regulars back. A miracle.

See you tomorrow, thanks for letting me slide today, it was just too much. Still love you though. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

3 comments:

  1. It must be so great to see one of them come back! Great news! Here's hoping it's a trend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our feral babies worried me, but two are back and someone is feeding and hanging with them! Perhaps in time others may show up or they have moved elsewhere,, I pray they show up. ❤️🐱

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coming to my BIG-ol,
    John Belushi, party-hardy
    in Seventh-Heaven ..??
    Why?
    The world passes away,
    we cannot stay,
    even if we pay trillions
    which nobody has anyway.
    So, gain altitude, dude,
    never attitude.
    God bless your indelible soul.

    ReplyDelete