Recent_Comments

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Vegan MoFo 2015 Day 2: Recreate A Favorite Childhood Meal

Here we are, day two of VeganMoFo 2015 and I'm supposed to recreate a favorite childhood meal. My preference would be to completely skip/ignore this topic. I'm not really big on promoting poor eating habits, and I think what I'm revealing is pretty awful. As a child, my mother taught me pretty well regarding nutrition, but kids being kids, I liked what I liked and given the opportunity on my own to choose things, I made some very poor choices at times. This "meal" completely reflects that situation.

As you might recall, currently I'm healing from an ankle injury that I didn't properly take care of. By the time I sought medical care, they too completely failed me... casting, boot, brace, medication ... they even wanted to inject me with some horrid type of poison to mask the pain (I declined). I had an epiphany, and decided to move into high raw/raw anti-inflammatory choices of eating for healing. It's been a fantastic process for healing my very wounded ankle. Despite this situation, I'm keeping in line with 2015 "suggestions" of daily topics, and revealing a veganized version of something I used to eat as a child/young adult.

Haters gonna hate on this one, with just cause. What can I say, I'm just the writer and didn't choose this topic. My disclaimer is at least I saw the light, I'm vegan now (and have been for a long time), I advocate the best I can, and I love me my veggies!

Happy MoFo, here's your video. Can you tell by the look on my face I was NOT happy about this video....?


See you tomorrow! xo


1 comment:

  1. Recreating a fried bologna sandwich....Great job Jen, just shows we can VEGANIZE Anything!

    ReplyDelete