Recent_Comments

Monday, January 28, 2013

Reunited

I'm relatively back on track after becoming unglued on Saturday as I last posted about. The day was capped off indeed by a pretty nice Italian dinner at ZaZa down on Sugarloaf.  I will never again underestimate the ability a couple glasses of Banfi can have on my attitude.

Chianti and I have reunited, at least briefly.

For now I'm again treading water, this is good news. We have an exceptionally busy week lined up, lots of extra curricular obligations are pending. I've been hard at work in the kitchen for various projects, and we came thisclose to turning the air conditioning back on today what with all my cooking and baking. I keep reminding myself this is JANUARY.

Often times I look around at my every day obligations, chores and commitments and really wonder what the heck is it I'm doing, and is this really the priorities in my life? I know better than to compare myself to other people, but sometimes it's difficult for me to figure out how is it that others have time for a social life, a fizzy drink at the tiki bar after work, or little getaways on weekends. I barely have time to scratch myself.

Tomorrow I'm heading up and back over the Seven Mile Bridge a few times for Pop. It's Tuesday, that is what I do. While I'm out doing errands, I plan to prepare a pre-emptive strike for my next unhinged moment.  Yeah, I'll be picking up a bottle of Banfi to keep in my private stash. Not that I'm exactly planning on any more meltdowns, but with what we've got percolating with certain agencies, it's possible at any given moment a meltdown might occur. As I just mentioned, I will never again underestimate the ability a couple glasses of Banfi can have on my attitude.

Those little red fire boxes are interesting. I'm required by law to have them here, and so I do. What they really should say is "in case of emergency, open Chianti."







No comments:

Post a Comment