Recent_Comments

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Remaining Positive

This month I have been focusing on "favorites."  Nothing in particular that's a favorite, just things I'm pretty keen on.  Somehow events are working to derail me.  We've just had yet another setback here at the inn with a project we've been working towards for close to 3 years now.  Even worse, the current events have left us mourning with the rest of our country for the innocents slain in Connecticut.

I haven't been posting much on Facebook, and I have put up even less here on the blog. I have been feeling blue. Sad for all the pain so many must now endure.  Sad for the suffering, the angst. Sad for my own losses that occurred this time of year, and sad to again say "see ya next time" to family and friends as we fled the not-so-frozen tundra this time around and returned to Paradise and palm trees. Yes, I was away for a bit, but now I'm back. I have some pictures for you, we went to Philadelphia, NYC, and all points in between. I haven't even unpacked my camera, have faith that palm tree girl can get that accomplished and some photos uploaded for you at least in the next day.

Tomorrow is the Winter Solstice, the darkest of days where we honor the return to light.  A time of reflection, rebirth, renewal.  I have prepared for Solstice by working on a Yule Log (I'll frost it tomorrow), and pulling out my rocks and crystals.  I have to work, that's a given, but I will make time to do what I need to for a proper, albeit abbreviated, Solstice celebration.  And, then I will return to re-focus on my favorites.
  
I'll see you tomorrow for Solstice.  Breathe deep.


No comments:

Post a Comment