Recent_Comments

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Happy Election Day!

Here's Pop as he exits the polls.
103 and voting strong!
Here in America it is Election Day.  Both of us happy vegans voted. And, we took Pop to the polls so he could cast his ballot as well.  It's cool taking Pop to vote, he's like the Mayor of Big Pine.  Everyone, absolutely everyone knows him.  He lights up the room when he enters.

This election was a big one.  On our very long ballots here, we're also voting for President. It's been a long arduous campaign on all sides, and there's a lot of bitterness flowing from the mouths and pens of many.  Way to keep it classy, not.

My thought basically is that the reason we're down to the choices we have for president is because all the great thinkers and doers in this country are busy thinking and doing.  So in politics we get the leftovers.

Leftovers or not, it's a right not taken lightly.  Plus, I like that our little "I voted" stickers that we get here in the Conch Republic have teeny conch shells on them.

Personally, I'm glad it's almost over.  My mailbox was clogged with enough literature to do in the rain forest, my ears have taken all they can take with regurgitated rhetoric, and the thought of the amount of money spent all the way around on campaigns makes me sick. We could probably feed staving babies worldwide for a very long time with the same amount of money.

That's about it from me on Election Day.  I'm privileged to have the right to vote, and I hope you feel the same way.  Tomorrow is another day, another chance to get it right for Mother Earth.



No comments:

Post a Comment