Recent_Comments

Friday, May 4, 2012

Waiting for a Nest...

We're waiting for our first turtle nest of the season here.  We've heard word that last night the first nest in Key West occurred.  Great news indeed, now let's get going here on Long Beach.  I'm ready!

I went out today for the turtle walk, and picked up a giant bag of trash.  I covered a lot of territory and was actually pleasantly surprised how clear a large portion of the beaches were... seems like there's been a few other trash angels out lately too.  It's making a difference.

There's a Super Full Moon set to occur tomorrow.  I just came in from the beach right now. The moon is up, it already looks full.  The sky is crystal clear, although the moon light obscures many stars, two planets are visible (Mars? Venus? What ARE they?!) and its a perfect night for turtles.  I called to them and invited them ashore.  I hope I have good news for you tomorrow.

Walkers will be out early tomorrow morning searching, searching, searching for nests.  Keep those fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment