Recent_Comments

Sunday, November 6, 2011

She's Got Herself a Little Piece of Heaven

The "she" referenced in today's title would be me.

The weather here today was as close to perfect as could possibly exist.  Not only was the weather perfect, but today was the 2nd best day of the year (the 1st best day of the year being, of course, the first day of Summer) because it was the "fall back" of the "spring ahead, fall back" rule.  This gave me an extra hour to myself this morning. I used it wisely... staying in bed to the very last second.

When I got up and flipped open the shutters, the sun streamed in and woke up the cats (well, ok Pink Moon was already up and bouncing across the room and everything in it because breakfast was already 1 hour late, but the others seemed just fine with things). I gathered myself together and wandered into the kitchen for work. I finished morning chores ahead of schedule, did a quick run, had a visit with Pop, and then headed down to Key West for errands.

As I drove south,  I popped in one of my most favorite cds of all time, and let the music flow as the wind whipped through my open windows. Today was a day where "max" volume on the stereo was woefully inadequate.

The sharp blue sky set off the seemingly unreal aqua blues of the water, so much so that it just seemed like a dream. Or, for lack of a better word, some type of heaven.

I sang.  I car danced.  I didn't care who may have noticed.

I've got my little piece of heaven, here in these beautiful Florida Keys.


No comments:

Post a Comment