Recent_Comments

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Peri, Peri, Our Sweet Peri

I don't have much imagination today of what to write as I stare at the blank screen.  I did lots of stuff today, and thought many thoughts.  I cooked, baked, cleaned, worked out, and so forth.  I played with the kitties, visited with some friends, and did the usual things with the usual suspects.  But, I think my favorite thing today was visiting with Peri.  I've given a couple stern of lectures his way since his return, but they've been balanced as I lavish him with love.  Peri seems a bit tired the last day or so, since his return from walkabout.  I wonder what he did during his time away (no tom catting around, that boy is properly fixed), but he just won't share where he went, or what he did.  He seems a bit more patient with me too, as I've frequently been picking him up and giving him all those extra hugs & kisses.  Peri hasn't really liked to be a snuggle bunny for the last few months.  I mostly chalk it up to the fact he's wearing a fur coat and its 80-90 degrees often, so why should he want to snuggle. My kitties inside seek the sunny patches, while Peri outside seeks the shade.  Things are cooling down a bit, mid-high 70s, along with the occasional low 80s. That seems to be enough for Peri to let me be his main squeeze every hour on the hour.

Peri. I love him so much.  I'm so happy he's back on patrol.  I keep running out the back door just to get a glimpse of him, he hasn't wandered far since his return. He's been here for snacks, naps, hugs, kisses, and of course to break new guests in upon arrival.  Our sweet Peri, on loan from the Universe (and our nearby neighbors).  He brings peace, he brings his own form of wisdom.  Sweet dreams little Peri, I'll be waiting for you when you awake...snacks and kisses are on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment