Recent_Comments

Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving, A Day Late

The other happy vegan and I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving holiday.  We had a nice day here. We did our usual morning work & chores, plus some other work tossed in for good measure.  I played with the kitties, visited Peri, and did some paperwork.  The other happy vegan and I came to an agreement about dinner and dessert; he would actually help in the kitchen, we were going to cook together!  He made some stuff, and I made some stuff. I think the star of the show were the candied sweet potatoes. I scored a bunch of organic sweets at the Help Yourself farmer's  market in Key West on Monday, no special plans, I just happen to love them. But, on a whim I decided to make them candied, which I haven't had in decades.  They came out amazing, absolutely amazing.  I tossed in a few vegan marshmallows for good measure.  Tasty morsels.

The other happy vegan and I gave thanks yesterday for a very long list of things. As I've said, I live in gratitude every day (ok, I'm only human and do have my moments, just putting that down in case Mr. Happy Vegan reads this entry on a day I'm melting down about something......), but Thanksgiving is just another day to be thankful.

We're moving forward full steam to the jingle bell season.  I'm going to try my best and ignore all the hustle, all the bustle, and simply stare into the sea at night and find peace within.  For now, enjoy your tofurkey leftovers, and lots of that vegan pumpkin pie. For the record, my "turkey cake" was probably one of the tastiest cakes I've had in years, and I don't even really like vanilla cake. It was, as they say, amazaballs.  Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment