Recent_Comments

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sugar Kisses Aren't So Sweet

Incredibly we're already two days into October.  Its still hot here, but all around I'm reminded its fall.  Even the local supermarket down here is selling cinnamon brooms. Its all you can smell when you walk into the store, and I don't like it.  Not at all.

Pumpkins, spices, foliage, and sweaters are the order of the day in many parts.  Not here, no way.  Ok, I've succumbed just a wee bit to the pumpkin & spice thing as far as baking, but as for anything else, not a chance.

It has been 2 weeks since my last run or work out. Instead, I have been tethered to the kitchen for a monster volume of baking. There's more to come on that, but suffice to say, today was another day with hours in the kitchen.... cupcakes, cookies, donuts (yes, donuts, VEGAN donuts; baked not fried!) and more.  I think sugar now courses through my veins instead of blood.  I'm feeling it, boy am I feeling it. My body is craving salad and vegetables, but I haven't heeded the call quite enough just yet.

There's been a couple mini-road trips over the last 2 weeks too, one of which resulted in a pit-stop at a Starbucks (ugh) for a pumpkin soy latte (double ugh).  I'm just not a fan of Starbucks, the coffee never agrees with me. The latte tasted delicious, but I shouldn't have had it, I felt sluggish immediately after. Caffeine, sugar, flour, chocolate. All these things have been lobbed at me lately, even though they're organic, I've had more than enough... these too many sugar kisses are no longer sweet.  I had intentions of starting a cleanse yesterday, it didn't work out.  I knew this weekend would pass by in a blur with hours in the kitchen, and I was correct. No running.  No cleanse.  Shame on me.

Tomorrow is Monday. My baking is done (for the moment) and I've got a bit of help for some chores tomorrow.  There is no way I'm not getting out on the street for a run... sadly with every fiber of my being I'm dreading it.  Maybe not the actual running, but more what I know I'm about to go through for the next few days as I get myself back in order with nutrition and exercise.

As usual...no pain, no gain.  See you on the asphalt!

No comments:

Post a Comment