Recent_Comments

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rainy Day Ramblings

It rained all last night, and all morning today.  We got a break for about 1 hour or so, then it started again and has not let up once.  I cannot recall the last time I've seen rain like this down here.

I'll agree that we need the rain. This has been a very "dry" wet season down here this year.  But today was supposed to be my "fun" day.  A day that the other happy vegan and I planned to spend outside. I was supposed to run, then we were heading out on the boat.  Neither has happened.  There's been too much lightning to run, and too much rain to boat.  Boo hiss.

So, what's a happy vegan to do? I cleaned out the fridge, reorganized a few cabinets, and poured through some recipes.  I've got some new baking plans, and new baking items to experiment with... things I've never done before. I'm on a cake pop kick, so I've been planning my pops.  I've got some good ones planned, but no sticks, so maybe next week.  Another boo hiss.

Tomorrow I'm walking with "Team Cupcake" for breast cancer awareness, I'll be up and out the door just after 7am.  I've got my pink outfit planned, but haven't seen my decorated pink bra yet.  I won't see that til I get on site tomorrow.  I couldn't make it to the bra bedazzle party, so I left my pink bra in the capable hands of other Team Cupcake members. I said "no feathers" (you know they're not vegan... RIGHT?) but other than that left it all up to them.  I've got pink hair, pink socks, pink jewelry, pink lipstick, and that super secret (as of now) pink bra on the attire list.  I'm walking for 3 friends who all are cancer survivors, 2 actually are undergoing active treatment.  Insert biggest boo hiss here, but with a "YAY" for what I know will be great outcomes.

Rain makes me crazy when there's no end in sight.  The walk tomorrow is rain or shine.  The forecast is not good.  Matters not, we'll be out there in our best pinky pink.  I think I'll bring a camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment