Recent_Comments

Monday, September 12, 2011

"It Was Epic"

There was a recent gathering.  It was to celebrate birthdays in September. Not just Virgo (me), but Libra too, because a friend has a birthday the end of the month, so he's Libra. And, I got to thinking. Which led me to planning.  A gathering, yes we'll simply call it a gathering.

I wanted to go to a nightclub in Key West to celebrate being a September birthday. I wanted to see a show, I wanted to dance, I wanted to get all dressed up (in heels!) and paint the town red.  So, I began plotting and planning, and getting a list together of those who wanted to go.

When the dust settled, there were just over about 20 of us.  I made the reservations, and outfits were planned. Me in my best platinum blond fake hair with a tiara and fishnets, Mr. Happy Vegan in his coolly casual tux shirt with silver sequined scarf and black fedora tricked out with a rim of silvery studs. And both of us in the coolest accessory eye wear we owned. Off we headed, picking up the other September birthday guest, and my friend "K."  "K" came down the steps of her house with an incredibly cool outfit including pink head wear of the kitty persuasion. Yes, you had to see it all to believe it.  When the other birthday person entered our car, I "crowned" him with his headgear for the night, yes as stated, a crown.  Off we went, Mr. Happy Vegan as the designated driver for the night.

I can't say much more, I just can't. We did stop for a quick bite to eat before heading to the club. After that, we walked our way to the nightclub, noticing several people taking our pictures as we strutted down the streets. I honestly didn't care because I knew for a fact no one would recognize me, I was absolutely in disguise with the outfit, glasses and wig.  Once we made our way inside, the show began, the drinks flowed, and all sorts of craziness began.  After the show, the tables and chairs were pushed aside, and dancing began for hours.  I found myself on stage at one point with my friend "K" dancing and scanning the crowd. It was a mass sea of humanity in the dark, glow sticks, glow necklaces, beverages and heat.  It was kind of crazy, an experience I will never forget.

I overdid it, that's a given.  Many of my friends overdid it.  I know my friend "K" overdid it.  Never go out as a birthday girl and let others buy you drinks.  It doesn't end well.

I'm back with the land of the living.  When I saw my friend "K" today, she pronounced the night as "epic."  It was, yes it really was. It was worth all the after effects, but I can honestly say I've turned a corner. I'm too old for that kind of party stuff, and even though its probably been 10 years since I had a party night like that, if I fast forward 10 years and that ever happened again, I don't think I could survive. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it would be borderline at best.

So, there was an epic night.  I solemnly swear never to be "epic" again, yet the memory (best as I can tell) lingers.  Absolutely.

Good luck fellow September birthday people. And, remember, when you're going to be epic, ALWAYS have your designated driver. You simply have no business being epic without a designated driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment