Recent_Comments

Saturday, August 20, 2011

There Was A Road Trip

There was a road trip. I was not involved. The other happy vegan here, and one of his chips off the old block, went north with a pickup truck, big empty trailer, vegan snacks, and energy waters.  They had a mission, but I was the ultimate benefactor. I shall explain.

I mentioned in a prior post or two that Mr. Happy Vegan's first born and his fiance' are moving here.  For keeps!  So, we're all happy about this, but we know what it means.... the dreaded "loading of the stuff."  It ain't pretty, never is.

Many moons ago, I moved 4 times in one year.  The first move I was like "oh, this used paper plate has sentimental value."  By the time the 4th move rolled around, I was pitching and giving away a huge amount of stuff. The thought of packing, moving, and unpacking any extra stuff was more than my fried brain could handle at that point.  However, these kids, well I'd have to say this is their first really big move.  And,  yes, its big indeed.

There was a lot of stuff.

The boys headed up north, leaving the womenfolk to fend for ourselves on the island.  They drove through many states, day & night, rain & sun, food and no food. The "loading of the stuff" was accomplished, and from description I can only picture a scene from Monty Python's "The Meaning of Life."  You know, the one, right?  We ALL know the scene.... huge guy at the restaurant, although sickeningly full, is convinced to eat  "just one more mint."  What happened next was hilariously sick & funny.  Gotta love it.

The truck and trailer were quite like that.  The "just one mint" comes in with my request.

Jersey corn.  I wanted it bad. I figure if I'm left behind to hold the fort down, the least that can come out of it is a teeny request for corn, right?

Not only did corn show up in the middle of the night last night, but so did a few stray Jersey tomatoes. Oh, yes, the boys showed up too.  Safe and sound.

After the other happy vegan already put in what amounts to a full day of work, he is presently napping.  I am under strict instructions for a 3pm wake up call so he can work some more.  I've gotten just a few bits & piece stories about the road trip, but I do know there were a few tire blowouts on the trailer due to weight.

You don't suppose it was the minty corn, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment