Recent_Comments

Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Quick Catch Up

My bad, I've been busy.  This little flip of a dog named Rio occupies much of my time.  She's irresistible.  You'd feel the same way.  This is our last night with Rio, her parents return tomorrow.  She will have to go home. I'm going to miss her immensely, this little dust mop running all over my house.

Over the last week there's been a lot of action in the area. Diana Nyad tried, but couldn't complete her long distance swim.  She suffered from asthma and shoulder pain, which coupled with rising seas, made it too much to bear for her. She swam for something like 29 hours before being pulled out of the water on her own decision.  We still say kudos to you Diana.  You've done well, and you've got our respect in a big way.

The turtle that was shot with the spear through her skull is continuing to improve. The reward is pushing $13,000 now, plus other donations of in kind services.  She's been named Sarah, and you can read about her and the updates at www.turtlehospital.org.

We have had no more turtle nesting action on our beach.  We are disheartened, but not hopeless.  There are still a few more months that turtles are nesting in our area, and we're simply hoping for a busy second half to the nesting season.  Guests continue to sight turtles while snorkeling, diving and swimming.  They're there... they're just not HERE.

We have a full moon tonight, and I was out there playing with my rocks & crystals in the sand.  Some people I love need help.  I've asked the Universe to step up and do its thing. I don't ask for miracles very often, but I'm rooting for one now.  A few candles, incense and crystals never hurt in the equation.

I gave a helping hand to another friend who is moving.  This friend has suffered tragic loss within her family, and is leaving the Keys for a while to be with a family member on the mainland of Florida. No one knows what the future holds, but she's hoping to be back home in her beloved Florida Keys maybe in a year. We'll all be waiting for her, and until then, we'll all be holding good thoughts for her and her nephew. Its good to have family when needed.

Speaking of family....Mr. Happy Vegan's first born and his fiance' are relocating from there to here.  They're on the road tonight, dogs and all.  They should be arriving sometime tomorrow night, and they'll be settling into their home and jobs. Its a big transition. Been there, done that.  But, I'm very confident they're going to love living here in the Keys, and both Mr. Happy Vegan and I are delighted. For the next couple weeks, I'm pretty sure chaos will be the order of the day until all is tucked in as it should be. Thankfully they've got youthful energy on their side along with palm trees and sunshine to help too.  All that, and a whole lot of vegan muffins & cookies being tossed their way.

Its really going to be nice having some family close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment