Recent_Comments

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pedal to the Metal!

It's a pretty sure thing that I did something today that no one else on the planet did! I went for a ride with a 102, going on 103, year old man on an open-air golf cart that goes 25 mph. Awesome!

Mr. Happy Vegan and I had to go to Key West this morning. On the way down the street, that other happy vegan had to stop at neighbors. I took the opportunity to walk through the woods to see Pop for a moment. When I arrived, he was sleeping on his "Rocket Rover" as he has so dubbed his flame-throwing golf cart. I ran up the drive hollering "WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP!!!" He did.

Pop hollered a robust "you rascal" as I jumped on the cart and sat next to him, planting a kiss on his cheek. I told him I had fresh baked muffins for him at my house but didn't bring them with me, and now I was stuck going to Key West so I couldn't bring them til later. His response? "How about we go for a ride, honey?"

In a flash, there we were zooming down the street at full throttle. Admittedly I was constantly scanning for hazards, thankfully there were none. The wind was rushing through my hair as I yelled a few "YEE-HAWS" and did a few fist pumps with Pop. We got to my house and I ran up the back stairs, retrieved the muffins and ran back out to the cart. As I was just barely getting seated, he screamed "PEDAL TO THE METAL!" and we were zooming back down the street. More fist pumps. We thought we were hilarious, and couldn't contain ourselves... "THIS IS SO AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" we both hollered at almost the exact same moment.

I left the muffins on the dash, and ran back through the woods. Mr. Happy Vegan was none the wiser, and I'm still smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment