Recent_Comments

Monday, June 27, 2011

Paying the Piper

I hate the proverbial piper. He's no fun. I'm paying him today for my antics of yesterday.

This happy vegan got sunburn.

I haven't had a sunburn in ages, and certainly not since I've moved here. No, I'm "smarter" than that, plus the words of my dermatologist (usually) ring loudly in my ears when I'm going outside.

I played yesterday on my rooftop sanctuary. Frosty beverages. Teeny clothes. Music and sunshine. I had my sunscreen, but I got carried away. Obviously. By the time last night rolled around, there was no consoling me, and there is still no consolation now. Every twist and turn is painful. The one saving grace is that I didn't burn areas that are particular "no fly" zones, especially my face. At least I have that one little victory at the moment.

I've got to pull myself together (literally.... with Spandex) and head out to the gym. This is my punishment indeed. I'm paying that mean old piper. The next day or so will hopefully be burned into my mind as well.... don't play in the sun without SPF 3million. That, or a suit of armour.

Feel my pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment