Recent_Comments

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Up and down, up and down. Those are my emotions of late. Happy to be alive, happy to be living in this incredible part of the world, sad for world events, angry and sad for the abuse of the planet. The roller coaster has not gone unnoticed by Mr. Happy Vegan. He took me out today, out on the town, out for food, drinks, a movie, and shopping (Keys version of shopping).

We went to Key West.

We went to the best theatre on the planet, The Tropic, in Key West. Look it up. Its unbelievable. We're members, and although we don't get there as often as we'd like, we support the theatre, and go there when we can. After the movie, we wanted to eat, but our restaurant of choice wasn't open for dinner til 5pm. Time to hit a beach bar! Yes, we went to a beach bar, and saw the same bartender that was there when last I visited with my friend from up North. Janine (bartender) remembered me. I told her that was NOT a good sign, she laughed, but I seriously meant it. I hoped it was because I tipped so well last time I was there, but you never know, right? (Hint: ALWAYS tip your servers well, they work hard, very hard!) After a couple of vegan blender drinks, I almost forgot about that concern (how do I know they were vegan? Because Janine, wonderful bartender that she is pulled out the bottle of mixer and allowed me to read the ingredients. Healthy? No. Vegan? Absolutely!)

A couple drinks later, it was well after 5pm so we began to make our way to the restaurant. On the way we passed a store I've been wanting to go to. Mr. Happy Vegan was kind enough to battle the downtown traffic, go around the block, and score an awesome parking spot. Out I trotted to the store. This particular store is quite a riot, nothing else like it in Key West, if you can dream it, trust me they have it. We roamed around for a while, they didn't have what I hoped for in my size, but I managed to find some Manic Panic and a new purple wig. I like wigs. Did I ever tell you that? I used to have several, but over time, they just disappeared. In the last year or so I've managed to start to re-acquire a few good ones. I think I've gotten the best ever, my new neon purple wig. As I sit and type right now, I'm wearing it. How does it look? Do you like it? I hope it makes me look younger, taller and thinner, but just in case it does none of the foregoing, don't tell me, let me live my fantasy, ok?

After dinner and more drinks (look I was NOT the designated driver tonight!) we plucked our way through the streets of Key West. Mr. Happy Vegan at the wheel, me in the passenger seat arranging my new do.

I tried on a few other great styles today, and can't wait to get back down there for my next acquisition. Sure, you may think these are not necessities of life, but I beg to differ. How can I be so sure. Well, I can tell you that the happy vegan with the purple hair is a lot more forgiving of humanity than the happy vegan with the blond(ish) hair.

There it is. Another beautiful day in the Keys. Life's been good today, and so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment