Recent_Comments

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Odd Music

The fact that I'm an insomniac isn't really helped by the fact that my cats snore. They snore often, and loudly. It's not a big deal, I guess, unless I come upon a night like last night. I just couldn't sleep. I woke up about 2am, and channel surfed for hours.

I allow my cats to sleep on my bed. Its comforting to me, and comfortable for them. Lemon (who I haven't yet introduced you to on my blog) likes to sleep near my shoulder on the edge of the bed. When I woke up last night, he found my attention annoying, so he bailed to sleep on the floor. Within seconds, Pink Moon moved up to his empty spot. She's a good sleeper; a happy sleeper. She too snores. Pink dreams often, I know this because her little feet move as if she's running, or she makes funny noises while her ears & what's left of her whiskers twitch. Once Pink was by my side, I gave her a bit of a kitty massage as she quickly fell back to deep sleep. The next thing I knew, there was a ruckus, a thump, and bit of an "mrrrrrrw" sound. Pink had snored and dreamed her way to fall off the bed. I couldn't help but laugh. She shook it off and bounced back up within a minute or two.

The thing that kind of got me thinking about all this was actually Agatha Rain. By far, Aggie is the loudest snorer in the bunch. I listen to it all day. We've got a decent size cardboard box tucked under one of our office desks, which happens to be just next to where I spent many hours on the computer. Aggie loves this box, and although it started out as a place to put office papers in for recycling, she thinks its just for her. And, she sleeps in it all day long. Plus, she snores all day long. It's funny to listen to her snoring any time of night or day, its oddly musical. This cat sleeps A LOT. I think more than most felines. She's content. She was so abused that she really finds her bliss in simple things like naps, food and sunny patches. She's a kitty after my own heart, and she has it firmly entrenched in her paws, absolutely. Even now, as I write, she's near my feet. Snoring.

Mr. Happy Vegan constantly asks me why its ok for the cats to snore, and if he does the same it usually ends up with a poke to the ribs. I'm not sure how to answer that, truly I have no idea why its ok. But, it just is.

Pink is under the covers in my bedroom at this very moment, sleeping & snoring. Aggie is at my feet, sleeping & snoring, Lemon is napping in his habitrail probably snoring, but too far away for me to check for sure, and Luciana is glassy-eyed in the sun, just on the edge of the beginning of a good nap. Snoring is sure to follow.

This is the last day of our "dry season" down here. June 1 marks the technical beginning of the "wet season" so the temps are high, the cats are long, and the snoring comes often. Meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment