Recent_Comments

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Unfinished

I spent a few more hours today on that art project of mine which I picked up yesterday after shelving it a couple months. I was inventorying art projects of mine which are half finished, or worse off. Not surprisingly, I have quite a few.

For the last few days, I have been thinking of things unfinished by other people; unfinished business of people who were taken from this world seemingly too soon, no particular plans to not be around the next day, yet they were gone.

While channel surfing, Amadeus came on. Great movie in my opinion. Tim Hulce was a great, over the top, Mozart. Mozart was taken too soon, never finished his Requiem, not to mention all the other music he heard in his head, a single note of which never made to paper. Its a pity. John Lennon, another master talent taken from us too soon. Who knows the music he would've brought forth, the changes he would've made in the world.

Presidents, philosophers, poets, doctors, scientists, and artists. Many taken too soon, so much left behind unfinished. Ordinary people succumb to the same problem.... leaving this astral plane with unfinished projects, unfinished houses, unfinished paperwork, unfinished anything else there is.

I don't want to be known for unfinished business when I'm gone. I'd rather have someone look at something I created and admire it in its totality. But, time gets away from us, we always think we have tomorrow, and don't embrace today perhaps as much as we should.

I had a lot of work to do today. I didn't finish it. I don't feel badly about that either. Instead, I made a point to change into painting clothes, bring the paints out again, and play with the colors of the rainbow Universe. My project still isn't finished, but that's ok. I'm a few steps closer, and have confidence that this particular project will be one I complete. I can see it in my head, now I hope pretty soon that vision will no longer be imaginary.

No comments:

Post a Comment