Recent_Comments

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Radio Debut Success!

Hey now! Where you there with us this afternoon on KONK-AM radio as we streamed live with Erika Biddle from 2-3pm for her show? I hope you were able to hear at least part of it. We had an absolutely great time. I hope I didn't laugh too much, because sometimes I couldn't help myself. In between segments, commentary & jokes would fly and it was kind of hard to re-compose myself in 2 minutes or less by the time the commercials were over.

So, we were guests for the entire hour. Erika is truly a delight. A very bright woman who lucky for all of us is extremely passionate about environmental concerns. She devotes her own time to go to meetings, call people, follow through on investigation, and all sorts of work needed to become properly educated on issues. Through her program on KONK-AM radio (1500 on the AM dial, but streaming live on http://www.konkam.com/) she hosts a very wide array of guests, all with an environmental angle. As I wrote yesterday, her program airs live every Tuesday, from 2-3pm.

What I really took away from our time today with Erika is a huge reminder to never give up in the face of adversity. There's more like minded people out there doing good deeds, and championing environmental issues than I often realize. What I must do is continue to surround myself with that positive energy. Oh, it really was a huge shot in the arm being with her today. She took time to chat briefly with us before the program, and she took quite a bit of time to speak with us after the program was off the air too. She shared some great contacts and information for lots of issues that can help us at Deer Run, and help us simply as people living our lives. What a wonderfully educated, caring and giving person Erika is. She is using her efforts wisely, and is pouring her heart in soul into environmental concerns and activism. She is not sitting back in some lounge chair watching soap operas & eating bonbons. Nope, far from it. On her time, she's phoning up legislators, far & near, combing the internet for information & resources, going to networking events as a good steward & activist, and putting her money where her mouth is by supporting local & organic too.

Erika, we at Deer Run thank you and absolutely salute you. To our blog readers, we do hope you caught all or part of the show. I brushed my hair for the occasion, and even put one of my best animal rights t-shirts on. Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment