Recent_Comments

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Get Out of Dodge!

Today it really sunk in that it's January. Hard to believe, because yesterday the temps here topped 80 degrees. Today they hovered at about the same mark. In fact, we have (gasp) turned the AC back on inside our living quarters. Had to do it, as discussed in prior posts, baking & humidity are not good friends.

I scanned the internet for weather news, and flipped through channels looking at various forecasts. This begs the question to anyone stuck in the cold zone who doesn't want to be there, what's it going to take for you to get the heck out of Dodge?! I see more snow forecast for many areas. Other places are still dealing with icing conditions, and v-e-r-y cold temperatures. Almost every joint on my body aches when I think of that weather and all the unfortunate souls trapped.

We're doing our part down here. As mentioned, we've moved our streaming web cam to capture the sunrises. Tune in about 7a-7:30am to see the incredible sight. Then, turn to your left (or right), look out your window, and contemplate your snow. After that, check your calendar for days off, go on line and check our availability. Book it. If you don't come here, go somewhere, anywhere, to save your sanity. Its only January, there's still a few more months of that's just wrong cold temperatures, and horrifying snow to come. I've lived that life. Winter in the cold & darkness. Counting the days to my next trip to Deer Run (yup, I really did that. I told you before, and I'm not kidding!)

I feel for ya, but you gotta help yourself before anyone else can help, you know? In the meantime, tomorrow the convertible is being sprung out of the garage. I'm dropping the top, and going for a ride. Its just too nice these past few days to let this go by, she's been begging for a date. In January. With the top down. Oh sure, I was so stir crazy in winter up north that I'd occasionally be pathetic enough to drive my car with the top down in January. But, the windows were always up, and the heat was always on (while I wore so many clothes I probably looked like the Michelin Tire Dude). Here and Now? Flip flops, a tank top and shorts. All with my trusty sunscreen at my side. Yup. Its definitely January in the Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment